Powered by Creative Market

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

 

SYNOPSIS:

In the spring of 1984, high school students Amanda Collier and Dawson Cole fell deeply, irrevocably in love. But as the summer of their senior year came to a close, unforeseen events would tear the young couple apart, setting them on radically divergent paths.

Now, twenty-five years later, Amanda and Dawson are summoned back to Oriental for the funeral of Tuck Hostetler, the mentor who once gave shelter to their high school romance. Neither has lived the life they imagined.

As Amanda and Dawson carry out the instructions Tuck left behind for them, they realize that everything they thought they knew was not as it seemed. Forced to confront painful memories, the two former lovers will discover undeniable truths about the choices they have made. 

And in the course of a single, searing weekend, they will ask of the living, and the dead: Can love truly rewrite the past?

NOTE: I did not receive this book free or as an ARC copy. I simply love Nicholas Sparks books and I bought this and had to write a review!

MY REVIEW:

OH MY GOD!!!
And nope, I am not exaggerating! This book is not for the weak of heart! so deep and powerfully written, I mean it is a Nicholas Spark book, what did I expect?
not this much crying! I tell ya!
not getting this involved that it hurts!

Some writers just, I don't know how they do it, but they write such beautiful deep, solid characters that you simply wish they were real, in person, so you could fall in love with them.

This is a story about two star crossed lovers, but it isn't only about them, its about those hard to make decisions and how we are just compelled to make them, we don't want to but they just get made.

The tug of war of your heart and brain, your heart says you want this, your yearning for it but the logical part is just telling you something else. Although this is like a common thing we as human being all go thru but its the way its written, so magnificently written that you would be shaking your head in agreement, thinking maybe Nicholas Sparks gets me!

I loved it and I guess its the age factor also, people around 40ish who have made certain plans and decisions and how you are in the middle of it wondering weather it was right or wrong.

This is a story about how life is dished out no matter what our plans and decisions were or are.
I would give it a hundred stars if it was possible here, I just loved it!

Follow me on Goodreads

I simply love Nicholas Sparks books! I have been hooked since A Walk to Remember.

Have you read this book? What did you think about it?
Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment