Powered by Creative Market

The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

This is a very different thing from what I usually read.

Ever since reading Harry Potter, I promised myself that I would

try to read something different once in a while, so this here was a

book of 12 or so short stories and a totally different author, I cant pronounce

her name :)

All the stories are very well written and I could relate to some in one way or another

They are about people who leave their own country to go to someplace else for the

better future, or kids who have been born in another country other then their own,

and are now inbetween, because in their homeland their considered to be the couzins

from abroad and in the country where they live they are second citizens, the outsiders

no matter what. Spouses living apart, and wanting to be together and when they are

together then they realize that they have grown aprart.

All in all, a something for everyone kind a book.

So I would say, give it a try.

Happy reading :)